Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Frankie says RELAX




Every autumn me and my best friends Stacy, Karen and Jill go on a girls spa weekend. For the last 4 years we have gone to the Sundara Spa in Wisconsin Dells. It's a great spa, nestled on a beautiful wooded property not too far from Lake Delton. Like most girls weekend, spa weekend is intended mostly for three things; relaxing, laughing and wine drinking. We don't wear make-up the entire weekend and our clothes need to have only one requirement; they must be comfortable and stretchy. The added bonus of this year's trip was that it fell on my birthday weekend. It was great spending my perpetual 29th birthday with my favorite girls. This year, instead of going driving down to the Dells, Karen flew down from Minneapolis and we ventured north to the Kohler Waters Spa. Part of the 5-star American Club in Kohler, the Waters Spa was everything we hoped it would be. The services were wonderful and the products used were top-notch. Since I have been "funder-employed" for a few months we decided not to actually stay at the spendy American Club and opted for the Osthoff resort in nearby Elkhart Lake. Elkhart Lake is a lovely little lesser known Wisconsin gem. Karen fell in love with it and wants to bring her family back sometime next summer. In addition to going to the spa, my friends generously treated me to a great birthday celebration dinner at the Paddock Club and we took two long hikes around the lake. We were blessed with some of the best weather I have ever seen in late November; sunny and about 55 degrees. There are some beautiful lake homes as you can see from one of my photos, and quite a few for sale. Maybe we all need to pool our money together and buy a vacation property? One was only 1.2 million dollars. Drop in the bucket.

As always, it was awesome spending time with my best friends and enjoying our beautiful state.

No comments:

Post a Comment