Friday, December 4, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Hi everyone. I know I have been completely remiss in keeping my blog updated. It's been a crazy few weeks since I last posted. As you all know, I've been "fun-employed" or as I now call it, "funder-employed" for the last 8 months or so. I took on as many part time jobs in the last few months as I could in order to pay some bills and stay busy while I searched for a new full-time gig that I really wanted. In addition to my bartending gig, I also have been selling wedding photography for a company called Bella Pictures and got a seasonal retail gig at Crate & Barrel. Working all these various jobs has actually been fun. I like the variety. Juggling all the schedules has been a bit more challenging, thus, my lack of new blog postings. Well, the GREAT news is that I did receive a job offer this week from a company called IMS (Integrated Merchandising Systems) whose local offices are in Hales Corners. IMS does Point-of-Purchase displays and branded merchandise for large customers such as McDonalds, Wells Fargo, Research in Motion and Pepsi Co. I will managing the Pepsi account. I'm excited because the job should get me back on the road traveling a bit which I have really missed. I should be spending a fair amount of time at Pepsi headquarters in Rye, New York and also some time at other Pepsi brand headquarters such as Frito Lay in Texas. I think this job may have been my destiny. As everyone knows, Cheetos are one of my top 5 favorite foods. In fact, It think the FDA should make them the 6th official food group. Lo and behold, Cheetos are a Frito Lay brand. You know this means that I will find myself at least a few Chester Cheetos tchotchkes to decorate my new cube (and don't be surprised if Pepsi branded items end up in your gifts in the next few years. :-)) And, the cherry on the sundae is that my favorite soda, Diet Mountain Dew is a a Pepsi brand. If all goes well, I'll never had to pay for another Mountain Dew again!

Anyway. I just wanted to officially thank all my family and friends for being so supportive of me in these last months. I honestly don't know what I would have done without you all!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, congrats! This is great news. And you're at Crate & Barrel right now? Yay! My one question: what are you fonder of now... Cheetos or going back to the corporate world?

    ReplyDelete