Saturday, February 5, 2011

Once you go Mac.....


Hi Everyone. This is my first blog post from my brand spanking new Macbook Pro! Earlier this week, I powered on my 5 year old Gateway laptop to surf the net and write a blog post. After churning through what I thought was the normal set up, I got the dreaded Windows screen that is just black and lists a myriad of things that are going wrong with your system. I chose to "restore windows from normal settings" all the while crossing my fingers that it would work. After that I got the equally dreaded blue screen that popped up with another crop of dire information that I could never understand if you paid me. So earlier today, I jumped into my newly repaired Jeep (yup, that money sucker drained another $180.00 from my checking account today) and headed over to the Best Buy to talk to the Geek squad to see if my ole laptop stood a chance and might be worth repairing. Andrew, the helpful geek squad representative powered on my computer, read the screen and promptly told me my hard drive was fried. I asked him with hope "Is it worth repairing?" to which he quickly replied "Not a chance. Five years for a laptop is actually good. They usually last about three". So I mentally gave my old Gateway some serious props for outliving the average lifespan by two years and immediately headed over to the Apple department. About 45 minutes later I was leaving with my brand new Macbook after the sales guy took me through a few of the basics. Needless to say this baby is off the chiz-ain. The set-up is amazingly simple. Within a few minutes I was already writing this post. Don't get me wrong, this Mac scares the H out of me. I've been using a PC my entire adulthood. But, since I've been a iPhone user for over 3 years, I know what intuitive products Apple makes, so I feel confident I will be able to figure it out. I'm so looking forward to no more viruses and no more Windows crashing. Way to go Steve Jobs and all you other geniuses at Apple....See ya Microsoft!

No comments:

Post a Comment